Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Mom, Sister Kinikini!


This lovely lady is my Mama! She is currently serving a mission in Tonga, as a Family History/Genealogy Missionary. I love and miss her very much. She will be back in March, which will be great. Missionary work has been a big part of my upbringing. 8/10 have served missions in our home and my mom and dad ALWAYS had it planned that they would go on a mission when they retire, but my dad passed away, so my mom decided to go on her mission as planned. This is her 5th mission! I wrote a poem for her when she went on her very first mission to Tonga and I lost the original, but decided to take what I remember and re-write it!


WARNING: This is not as good as the original that I still feel in my heart, but it will do!

"A Missionary Mom"
At the airport terminal she watched quietly with tear filled eyes~
Trying her best to be prepared for when they would start with the goodbyes.
Her heart began to break as she offered this silent prayer~
"Father, please watch over my first born and keep her in your care."
Vika was called and then Hehea to Tonga, to serve and spread His word~
The worries of a mother disappeared with her unwavering faith in the Lord.
Then her oldest son was called to Salta, Argentina he would go~
All the anxiety she once knew, came again, but no one would ever know.
Once again, she turned to faith and prayer to help and get her through~
Comfort and peace would come easy, for she knew this work was true.
Then three were called,Carlsbad, Los Angeles and Oakland California, almost all at once~
Her heart strengthened each day with trust in the Lord and a renewed spirit of valiance.
Her youngest son was called to serve the people of Santiago, Chile~
She accepted the call to support and pray for him, this time ever more clearly.
She then faced heartache, through trial and triumph her testimony had grown~
Her unfaltering faith and her resilient hope, was yet something to be shown.
Then I was called, I seemed to be last, to go to Honduras, to serve~
And it seemed as though my dear little mother was on her very last nerve.
When to our surprise, she thoughtfully said that she had decided to go~
All the anxiety and heartache she once faced, now, we all came to know.
How she mentioned each of us by name, through sincere prayer each day~
Now her ten children have become the one's who kneel down and pray.
"Father, please watch over her, keep her safe as one in thine hand~
Bless those she comes in contact with and help them to understand
That we have entrusted her to thee, so that she may bless the life of another~
Father we pray with gratitude of heart that we can call her mother."

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lote this is so Beautiful! You are so talented in many aspects! I love your blog it's inspiring and strengthening to read..keep it up your posterity will be so thankful for the things written here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lote, we need to find the video of you reading the first poem. You are really good at writing. Can you come up with something for when mom comes home? Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete