Monday, December 15, 2008

One Week! This week, PIANO!

So this is a new little project that I am going to start. I entitled it,
ONE WEEK.
The title pretty much explains it all. I'm sure that you all have seen "Super Size Me," or whatever and this is actually kinda the same thing...except I am going to give myself exactly 1 week to try and accomplish things that would be useful to me. For example, yesterday after church I went home and was just lounging, like I do most Sundays, and my brother Siope was playing the piano. (Which he does quite, well)
Anywhoots, while he was playing random songs, he began to play "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven. I have ALWAYS enjoyed classical music. So, I started to think to myself, "self, why don't you learn to play the piano." I thought of all the work and what not. I taught myself when I was younger how to read notes and the keys on the piano, but not really anything spectacular. Later that same evening I found myself at the piano, just messin' around and then I asked my brother where the sheet music for Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata was and decided right then and there, that I would learn it. To my surprise I learned the first half, with some difficulty, but mostly with amazement that I could actually do something like that.
Back to the MORAL OF THE STORY...I will be giving myself until this next Sunday to have this song down and hold a small recital for myself in which, I will invite both family and friends to my personal recital of,
Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Lote! It's beautiful, can I come to this recital? I'd love to be there. I love that photo of you on your first post too and that one of Sister Kinikini, can't wait for her to come home. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lote, it sounds SOOO GOOD! Invite people to the recital and we'll have little refreshments and a program for it. I can't wait. It will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about playing the Piano again too, you are such an inspiration to me, thank you

    ReplyDelete